Learn the basics of Volunteer Management.
Tipperary Volunteer Centre in collaboration with the National Network of Volunteer Centre’s and Volunteer Ireland, are running a series of free volunteer management training sessions in March, April and May – ‘The Fundamentals of Volunteer Engagement’.
This 2-module online course is designed to meet the needs of volunteer managers in a changing world and is suitable fo those who are new to volunteer management and leadership and those who wish to improve their skillset.
The 2.5 hours online training sessions are delivered by the Volunteer Centre Network and Volunteer Ireland over two consecutive days and will explore the:
• Planning for volunteer involvement
• Changes in volunteering
• Diversity and inclusion in volunteering
• Volunteer motivations
• Volunteer and organisation expectations
• Barriers to volunteering
• Volunteer engagement
• Screening and selection
• Day to day engagement of volunteers
You will need to complete both sessions, following which you should be able to:
• Be clear about how volunteering fits into your context and the opportunity it provides.
• Understand the importance of volunteers and be able to communicate this to volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Understand that volunteering is a two-way process with gains for all involved
To sign up, just select the dates that suit you best and click the appropriate button below to register.