Some facts about Tipperary Volunteer Centre.
We are the only government-funded agency tasked with strengthening and supporting volunteering in County Tipperary.
We are funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
Our annual funding is €156,400 per year.
We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
We operate from 2 offices – our main office in Cashel and another in Nenagh.
We have 3 full-time staff, 1 CE worker and one volunteer at the centre.
We are governed by a volunteer-only board of directors.
Our board of directors is a nominated board made up of nominees from:
- Tipperary County Council
- Tipperary Public Participation Network
- North Tipperary Development Company
- South Tipperary Development Company
- The Technological University of the Shannon
- The Citizens Information Service
- Business with a volunteer focus
- Co-Opted volunteers from the Community and Voluntary Sector.
Our volunteer placement and referral services are free to all community-based not for profit organisations with a presence in County Tipperary.
Volunteers registered with the centre contribute more than 30,000 hours to local community groups across the county every year.
We facilitate the garda vetting process for more than 250 groups in Tipperary.