Have you 2 hours to spare.
Several new Youth Clubs are in the process of opening across the South West of the County. Facilitated and overseen by Waterford and South Tipperary Community Youth Services (WSTCYS) these clubs will provide a safe and supervised environment where members can express themselves and learn from their peers. Volunteers play an essential role in this process, and without them, the clubs can not operate.
It is fantastic to see and hats off to WSTCYS for bringing new social outlets to teenagers in the areas of Ardfinnan, Newcastle and Clogheen.
Volunteering with WSTCYS you will get:
- The opportunity to gain valuable skills.
- To avail of excellent training and workshops.
- The opportunity to use what you already know to benefit others.
- The chance to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
What current volunteers are saying?
I got involved because I wanted to give something back to my community. I like the fact we can give young people a safe environment to have fun, share experiences and learn with their peers and leaders.WSTCYS Volunteer
Young People are the most interesting people you can work with. It is incredibly rewarding with a different experience everyday. Having the opportunity to be part of that helps me grow personally and professionally.WSTCYS Volunteer
Links to volunteer opportunities
If you are a registered volunteer with Tipperary Volunteer Centre, you can apply directly for any of the vacancies listed below by just clicking them.
If you are not yet registered with us. It is a simple process. Just click the “Sign Me Up” button below and you will be redirected to a short online form. Once you have completed the form you will be able to apply for any volunteer role including those outlined above.
Waterford and South Tipperary Community Youth Service exists to:
- Cater for the needs of young people and local communities, particularly those experiencing marginalisation, disadvantage and social exclusion
- Enable young people to become free active human beings who take responsibility for their lives and participate fully in the development of their community, environment and society
- Empower young people to recognise inequalities in society and to work together to effect change.